In loving memory of a literary Icon whose prints in the sands of time shall for centuries continue to reverberate in this terrestrial ball, I shall always count him as one of the few spotless human beings that have ever lived, an epitome of integrity. He once said:
“One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.”
Like Chnua Achebe who lived up to his definition of integrity, Prince Ezeakonobi for over two decades never compromised anything while working with Owelle Rochas Okorocha. He never betrayed him for one minute.
Okorocha’s deadly antics remained with him. Okorocha is a treacherous snake that hid its deadly venom for two decades. Just as the tempest rang for the crowing of the seeming godly serpent, its nature unfolded, striking every helper in sight, including coiling what belonged to the kingdom.
Ruing in confusion as glooms, disenchantment pervaded the dampish downcast kingdom, one Prince summoned up courage to smite, scotch and guide its head from further damage to the kingdom.
Understandably, those who joined in the desecration and rape of Imo had been mistaken that they would have by now changed from their wickedness but lo and behold, they remain adamant, resolute to do even worse things.
Madumere would forever be vilified for making Okorocha kiss the dust.
All these hullabaloo and topsy-turvy are not unconnected with the fact that His Excellency, Prince Eze Madumere, Okorocha’s former Deputy chose to join forces with His Excellency, Governor Hope Uzodinma to ensure that he succeeds with his worthy programmes and to put an end to the myriad distractions from Okorocha’s criminal gang.
Madumere surely needs a job and that job of ending what is left of the shattered dream of converting Imo State as a personal estate.
Let us not forget that supporting Hope Uzodinma is supporting a task of recovering every penny, every salary, pensions, including people’s fringe benefits stolen by the fallen political Jericho.
The illegitimate child who had the obsess effrontery to insult Prince Madumere must do himself a favour by visiting a psychiatrist for obvious symptoms of neurosis. With all your efforts and exposure, you have remained an educated illiterate because you lack every trait of tradition and culture. Such a garrulous young man who lacks intuition! Again, as a fugitive, you will continue to run even from your own shadow.
Back to your request to know Madumere’s achievements:
1. Madumere’s greatest political achievement was to ensure that Okorocha’s affront against Ndi Imo was punctured, leaving him and his co-travelers in utmost confusion. You are yet to recover from that defeat.
2. Madumere against the norm gave Okorocha a bloody nose by defeating him and his bootlickers at the 7th Assembly.
3. Secondly, one of Madumere’s achievements was to repackage Okorocha to become Governor. There is what we call stories behind stories. It is for the mature minds as small boys like Onwuasoanya cannot manage such. He may be tempted to commit suicide.
4. Madumere Made Okorocha Governor by delivering Mbaitoli back to back. Ask Okorocha, he can be funny but truthful at some moments, he will tell you.
5. Madumere it was who led the stakeholders to put confusion in what is left of Okorocha’s camp by standing with Governor Uzodinma to ensure that his government succeeds for which Imo people will be the greatest beneficiaries..
6. As it stands today, as a former Deputy Governor, Prince Eze Madumere is never a desperate politician and that is why he came out clean even when he worked with a criminal gang as today’s records from the extract of the Commission of Inquiry has proved that beyond reasonable doubt. That is a sweet achievement.
7. Administratively, your principal messed up World Bank Projects. It took Madumere to win their confidence to come back to the state. It was a sorry situation but with Madumere’s negotiating prowess, we got Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP) back. FADAMA III (additional financing) was secured. NEWMAP deal was also sealed by Prince Eze Madumere. These are just a few of his feats. Guess what, Okorocha refused to release Madumere’s statutory allowances while chasing these projects but by God’s grace he succeeded. All this gang was interested in was the hard currency. Of course, Madumere did what he had to do to ensure that the fund did not take flight like the bailout fund.
8. Tomorrow, Okorocha will be mentioned. Please discount Okorocha because Madumere suffered paying Hotel bills even as a deputy governor. I, as the Chief Press Secretary to the Deputy Governor who took part in all these efforts can tell the story better.
It will be infantile to attend to a mouthy lazy youth with issues that border on election results, a little effort he can make by going to the INEC Office Owerri to obtain.
On why Imo Stakeholders passed a Vote of Confidence on His Excellency, the Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodinma is to cheer him up over his effort so far to remedy the ecological problems Okorocha’s failed Roads have caused. Again, APC stakeholders support Senator Hope Uzodinma’s effort towards recovering Imo commonwealth stolen by the criminal gang that ruled the state surreptitiously.
For these criminal gangs that raped the state with no mercy, Prince Eze Madumere has spewed you out; he has rejected your loot, and not even crocodile tears can make him return to his vomit.
In politics, it is a truism that the only permanent thing is interest but in this case, it will be strange dining with a gang that has been ostracized by their communities and rejected by the State.
Like Madumere would always say, we do not negotiate with enemies of the State. What the former Deputy Governor is pragmatically saying is “I am sorry Ndi Imo. I did not know it was going to be like that. We must heal the wound.”
This silent wish can still be achieved under Governor Hope Uzodinma.
Adviser (Media and Publicity) to
Prince Eze Madumere MFR (KSC)
Former Deputy Governor